A blocked sewer or drain can be hard to diagnose to the untrained eye. Therefore; if you are experiencing any of the following problems it’s a sure sign there’s something blocking the sewer.
Just like drain pipes, your main sewer line can become blocked, which can cause sewage backups. Only one toilet, sink or tub giving you a problem, it may just be a obstruction in that drain. However; every, flush creates a sewage backup in your home, you likely have a blockage in your sewer.
If you are noticing that your water is draining slower than usual or you hear any gurgling or bubbling noises in your pipes, you should get it looked at soon as you can. A small blockage can turn into a costly issue if it continues to build up and prevent the water from draining at all, leading to a blocked toilet or shower.
If you are experiencing a blocked drain, Alderbrook Plumbing can help. If the blockage is severe we are able to use our Mechanical Drain Machines to locate the issue and clear the pipes.
Most sewer blockages can be prevented with regular maintenance.
Try these tips:
- Don’t use your toilet as a rubbish bin – Flushing tissues, sanitary products, nappies and other waste down your toilet creates blockages.
- Use your garbage disposal wisely – Avoid dumping large quantities of anything down your garbage disposal.
- Don’t pour grease down your drain – Grease, oils and fat, although liquid when poured down your drain, can harden within your plumbing pipes.
Indicators of a blocked drain or sewer include:
- Root damage, gurgling or bubbling sounds
- Slow drainage of sinks, toilets, showers or baths
- Sewage odour