Five signs your stormwater drain is blocked
Australia is known to have some wild weather with plenty of flash storms dumping large amounts of water in a short period of time. When this happens your outside stormwater drain is going to be under a lot of stress as it funnels the water away from your property. So, it’s imperative that your drain isn’t blocked up with debris. If you suspect that your stormwater drain may be blocked or you’re not too sure what the signs of a blocked drain are, we can help. Read on for the top 5 signs your stormwater drain is blocked.
Signs your stormwater drain is blocked
1. Water pooling on your lawn or property: you may notice that you have water pooling around the base of your home or around your outside drains. This is a sure indicator that your stormwater drain is blocked and the water has nowhere to drain to.
2. Overflowing gutters: your gutters help to channel excessive water on your roof into your stormwater drain and away from your home. When your stormwater drains are blocked this water has nowhere to go and will cause your gutters to start overflowing.
3. An overpowering and unpleasant smell: water and debris that have been sitting in one place for too long start to develop an unpleasant smell. If you have begun to notice this smell on your property, the chances are high that your stormwater drain is blocked and nothing is moving through it.
4. Gurgling sounds: gurgling sounds occur when water is having trouble making it through a small space or enclosure. Stormwater drains are designed to allow plenty of water through at a time, so if you’re experiencing gurgling sounds, you likely have a blockage inside the drain that is only allowing a small amount of water to get through.
5. Excessive dampness: excessive dampness on your property is a sure indicator that water is not being funnelled off your property efficiently. It may not be a pool of water but you will likely notice that your grass is squishy when you walk on it and is developing muddy patches the longer it stays damp. Excessive dampness indicates that the water has no way to leave your property and is instead sitting there.
What to do if your stormwater drain is blocked
If your stormwater drain is blocked, it’s important that you call in your local 24/7 emergency plumbing expert ASAP. Blocked stormwater drains are an accident waiting to happen, and can cause a lot of damage to your property if they are left blocked up. Rather than risk that happening, be sure to get your residential plumbing and maintenance plumbing specialists to repair them for you sooner rather than later.
Get in contact with our team today
If you believe that you have a blocked stormwater drain you need to call in your local plumber ASAP to get it sorted out. Get in contact with our team today or visit Alderbrook Plumbing at https://alderbrookplumbing.com.au or call us on 0418 313 283.
We cover Keysborough, Braeside, Dandenong, Bangholme, Springvale, Carrum Downs, Noble Park, surrounding regions, Dingley Village, Aspendale Gardens and surrounding areas.
How to find affordable and quality residential plumbing services Every residence or home is going to need the expert services of a residential plumbing service
Where can I find a reliable commercial plumbing contractor in Melbourne? For businesses, it can be tricky to find a reliable Melbourne plumber that can
Five signs you need your hot water system repaired People don’t typically tend to think about their hot water system until something starts going wrong
The benefits of choosing a local plumbing contractor for commercial work in Melbourne If you’re in need of commercial plumbing solutions, your best bet is
Where can i find emergency plumbing near me? | Alderbrook Plumbing When you’re facing a plumbing emergency, it’s important that you act quickly to find